Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Definition of Love

Before we get to my page, I have some very exciting news to share.  I've been selected to be a designer for Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I don't know if I've ever been this excited and nervous at the same time since becoming a mom....which is quite appropriate for this week's challenge.


For the challenge, I created a page that I rarely make....one with me on it.  I hardly ever get on the other side of the camera, but I'm trying to do it more often.  Here's what I came up with:

I had the sepia picture so I decided to go with subtle colors.  I chose Crumb Cake, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, and Baja Breeze.  I layered the Crumb Cake, that I color spritzed with Soft Suede ink, with a piece of patterned Parfait that is now (sadly) gone.  The pattern had some darker shadowing along the edges, however when I cut it down I had to recreate that on my cut sides with a sponge and Soft Suede ink.

I layered a piece of Baja Breeze on top of this but it was to "neat" for the look I was going with so out came the water bottle.  I lightly sprayed both sides of the card stock with water and wrinkled with my hands.  Once it was almost dried, I took my Very Vanilla ink pad and dabbed it on along with my Suede sponge.


Other than the picture, the other big page detail is the definition of love.  love is from the Timeless Type dies along with the heart from the Heart to Heart punch.  I traced around the letters with my Suede marker because I wanted it to stand out.  I stamped the heart with a stamp from the PS I Love You set.  I also used this stamp also on Very Vanilla card stock with Peach ink and a sentiment from the set with Suede ink.  I didn't have the right heart punch, however I have the Hearts Collection framelit dies....crisis averted.  -noun and also the brackets are from the Billboard strip.  I cut a strip of So Saffron and wrote the definition with my Soft Suede marker and cut it into pieces.


I added a strip of textured Pear card stock behind the Baja layer.  On top of that I layered a piece of Baja Seam Binding ribbon and Victoria Crochet Trim.  I tied on a Vintage Tag that I wrote the date on.  Lastly, I added a few "stitches" with twine and my mat pack.


Now go over and check out the rest of the design team at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  There is major talent and I'm humbled to be on this team.  We have a new challenge every Tuesday and I'd love to see what you can create!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team Bobbie!! and such a FANTASTIC page to start off your HSS journey with! LOVE how you aged your blue paper, I'm going to have to try that water technique and your sweet criss cross stitching - sigh - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful page. sure, i can "stay in the lines" when i color, but YOU, my dear, do beautiful scrapbook pages! i have a gorgeous 6-1/2 yo granddaughter and NOT one scrapbook page have i done on her! i keep promising myself i'll start a 6x6 book and i don't. grrrrr!

    thanks much for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie, your layout is just a feast for the krafty eyes! So many unique details! The little bit of stitching is my personal favorite, and I love the tag/ribbon embellishment, and the definition you included is so appropriate. I love the way your captured your little moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your page! What a great idea. Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome!!
    Perfect color combo for your picture- Love it!!! Great layout and accents are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to HSS design team! I'm so glad you joined us. I love your scrapbook page. So full of little details. Everywhere I look there's some little accent or detail that makes it so unique and interesting. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete