Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Color Blocks

I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE today's layout...especially when I was dreading this challenge for weeks!  Take a look at the colors for this week's color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments:



I kept seeing this challenge creep closer on my calendar, and I kept scratching my head.  Individually, I love them all...together I had no idea what to do.  I went to my photos thinking I'd be changing them to black or white or a sepia tone, until I hit the jackpot.  I found five photos that I took in March that fit the bill to a T!  Then I went to find a layout and stumbled on a block layout that I loved.  The only problem is I love block layouts, dislike math, so after some pretty please help from the husband, it was off to the craft room.  Take a look at the finished project:

THIS is why I love Stampin' Up.  These pages were so easy because everything coordinates beautifully.  Truth is before I was introduced to Stampin' Up, I was a scrapbook product collector.  I struggled to produce a page because nothing really "went together."

Here are some closer views and details:

The top corner is a piece of the Core card stock, and was perfect for my tree theme.  I broke into my Regal DSP pack...which I've had since they introduced them, I'm telling you Regals just aren't my colors.  The sets Family Reunion and Fabulous Phrases are great additions for scrapbookers.  Since I didn't have very many Eggplant patterns, I used my embossing folders to give plain card stock some great patterns.  A few of these DSP blocks are retired, another reason I love block layouts---using up scraps!, even that retired piece of Olive ribbon and the Crochet trim it's layered on were finds in my "piece" drawer.

I wanted to add to the blocks, but yet not go overboard.  If you look, I added to 2/3 of the blocks in each of the areas.

So after being nervous for this week, I am pleasantly happy with these pages.  I can't wait to see what the other ladies on the team have created, they are crazy talented and I'm always amazed what they come up with!

Thanks for looking!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, those colors make your photos really shine! I love the blocking, and your little butterfly accents. You have me shaking my head and thinking to myself, "SHE is GOOD"! As usual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, LOVE the pages! I dig color blocking and your layouts are always SO AWESOME!! You are so naturally talented!!

    ReplyDelete